Healthier Crispy Paleo Chicken Tenders
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1.5 lbs free-range chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 cup crushed crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt + pepper to taste
Homemade special sauce:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs
- In another bowl mix the crushed cracker breadcrumbs and seasonings
- Cut the chicken into smaller pieces if needed then dip each into egg (dripping off excess) then into the breadcrumbs and coat completely and add to baking sheet
- Repeat for each piece of chicken and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes
- While chicken bakes, mix together special sauce ingredients
- Enjoy chicken while warm and dip into sauce!
- I used Vans Perfect 10 crackers & Gluten Free Schar breadcrumbs for the coating mixture (in addition to spices above)
- I used the BBQ sauce, Mayo and Dijon Mustard I had on hand (not the brand above). I also think the dipping sauce is sweet enough without the honey, but you can always add it!
*Store leftovers in fridge for 5 days or freezer for longer
This recipe originally appeared on RachlMansfield.com.